Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Whoa, that was a bit of a gap, wasn't it? Two years, give or take? That's the problem with laziness - it sets into your bones like a winter chill, and it takes a couple minutes short of forever to pull out of it. It's not so much that I ran out of things to say... It was really more like I wanted to take a break from the website and the forums, and that break turned out to be a lot longer than I would have expected.

But at least I didn't start a war or anything.

So much has changed in two years, so much has not, and I find myself running into the same problem that you have when you run into an old friend you haven't seen in a while. The gap between you is so large it's intimidating, because there's simply too much to cover, and boredom would set in long before you could completely catch up. So what I'll do is go back and hit some of that gap stuff as we plod along, because the only thing more tiresome than the present is the past, and I should really space that shit out if I can.

If you're here now and wondering why you should come back, I suppose I should mention what my blogging interests are. Baseball, music, movies, television, computers, poker, world issues, humor... You know, what most people who putter around on the internet are interested in.

I must confess that I believe Christina Aguilera is the most beautiful celebrity on the planet, with Jessica Alba, Elisha Cuthbert, and Kirsten Dunst jockeying for that all-important runner-up prize. Alyson Hannigan won Miss Congeniality.

And finally... I am a Windows user. I am an IT Professional in a corporate environment, and we are Microsoft's bitches. I've never tried Apple or Linux or any of the other OS's that make the SlashDot crowd all jittery, and I probably never will, but I'm glad they're out there giving Bill Gates more ideas to steal. I do use Firefox, though.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know...

The new Apple OS is coming out on the 29th. (http://www.apple.com/macosx/)

Now is a great time to try something different.

OS X: Tiger goes places where Longhorn wishes it could go when and if it ever gets done. And since you can try it out cheap – starting at $500 – there is not much holding you back. (http://www.apple.com/macmini/)

Kisses,

Bron

5:08 PM  
Blogger stonedog said...

$500 US? What's that, like two grand in Canadian dollars?

Just because we just bought a house doesn't mean we're suddenly rich, Bron. :)

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob,

At today’s exchange rate that makes the Mac Mini between 618.4 and 619.059 Canadian Dollars.

Yours,

Bron

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame Bron, it's the lawyer talking.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home