Saturday, February 24, 2001

Ain't It Cool News - Big Trouble In Little China Super DVD Coming

I need no other reason to buy a DVD player. Big Trouble In Little China is my favorite cheesy B-movie, matching the irreverent, laughably macho Kurt Russell with a hokey action-adventure plot that exploits all of the Chinatown stereotypes to maximum effect. Russell has some of the best one-liners ever, including:

"Son of a bitch must pay!"
"Okay, people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
"Would you just stop rubbing your body up against mine, because I can't concentrate when you do that."
"Ready? I was born ready."
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, 'Give me your best shot. I can take it.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home