Tuesday, May 15, 2001

CNN.com - Bart Simpson on the big screen? - May 15, 2001

This news is at least a month old, but CNN can't be on top of everything, I guess. :)

I could see the value of creating a South Park movie, because then Trey Parker and Matt Stone could stuff it full of profanities, something they couldn't do on Comedy Central. However, I don't much see the point of a Simpsons' movie. What could they do on the big screen that they can't do on the small screen now? I doubt we'll be hearing Bart say the F-word anytime soon, and I'm sure Marge has a no-nudity clause in her contract, so what's the point? Cash money. That's the point. A movie means box-office receipts, merchandising tie-ins, video and DVD sales. Will Fox green-light an unnecessary movie just to make a few more millions?

Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home